Explore Europe’s most thrilling cycling routes with the latest installment in the Epic series from Lonely Planet. From dreamy getaways on sun-dappled Mediterranean Islands to a Bavarian beer crawl in Germany, bike enthusiasts share stories from the best road, mountain, dirt and trail routes across the spiritual home of cycling.
Destinations suit a range of trip types and abilities, and each ride features stunning photographs, a richly-illustrated map and a toolkit of practical details so that riders can help plan their own trips. From some of the remotest corners of northern Scotland to mighty mountain passes in the pristine Pyrenees, you’ll explore some of the continent’s least-explored regions, as well as cities including Berlin and Copenhagen amongst many others.
Guest contributors include author Rob Penn, who cycled around the world in his late twenties, and Ned Boulting, a British sports journalist and television presenter who has reported on everything from the Tour de France to the Vuelta a Espana. So put your pedal to the metal and enjoy the ride to over 50 cycle-loving destinations.
- First-person accounts from writers who have completed the drive
- Challenge level grading: easy / harder / epic
- Inspirational photography, maps and practical information to follow the writer’s journey
- Driving factbox: when is the best time to drive, vehicle hire information, how to get there, what to take
- Expert travel advice: where to stay, recommended detours, the best places to eat
- Suggestions for similar drives
- Page count: 320
- Measures: 8.75" x 1" x 11"